What is your main cycling or triathlon event/race for the year?

This year: think I’ll ride round and round a forest in the snow.
And the after that have two MTB Enduro / XC races to do. One in April and one in October.
April is 10-11 hours - and October is a sprint event (5 hrs) with special tech stages thrown in.
Working with the coaches here to ready myself for these. Endurance Labs all the way.

My main event is raising my now 8 month old girl! But I would also like to do some local IRL short time trials, do some races in zwift (can I race for ODZ?!) and I’m probably entering the Jersey Sprint Traithlon in July which is Sprint distance swim (750m) and run (5k) but Olympic distance bike (40k) which considering I don’t have time to swim or run much at the moment will suit me better than the Olympic distance race which I’ve done the last few years. Also in September the Triathlon Super League is being held here so will likely take part in that for a corporate “fun” team; not a “goal” as such but to take part in an event where the Brownlees and other world stage triathletes are is such an opportunity!

http://www.jersey-triathlon.com
https://superleaguetriathlon.com/events/8

Woot @jackie.delph! Definitely race for ODZ!!!

Jackie- yes! Join Team ODZ- check out this post: https://discuss.endurancelab.fit/t/checking-in-on-our-awesome-ladies/321/114?u=coach_theia

Does it matter that I’m not super fast?! I’m probably only able to do 2-2.5 watts per kilo right now? :grimacing:

No need to be super fast! We have other ladies in the same w/kg range!!

Great I will get cracking towards the kit! Also keep up the diet and try up that w/kg!!! I learned the other day that tall riders get penalised in zwift! I’m 5’11”. But if a lady has lower power and less height than me but equals the same w/kg she will be faster than me! Doesn’t seem fair… so I may chop some of my legs off?

I am a bit jealous. I love the Super League format. It’s all about pain management, enduring it and doling it out.

You can be a super domestique like me. I basically make the lead group and work/direct the tactics. I still have not received my domestique bonus, but @AndyJ said that it was in the mail.

They have a Super League event in Penticton this year so I may get a chance to watch some of it. Should be interesting.

my boyfriend just sent me this… i have to clarify what he is thinking!!! looks good so sharing http://www.theraceacrosseurope.com/

Sounds like a perfect couples vacation!

Ian he wants to do it in 7 days; i dont have this insanity gene :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s a little nuts. I have to agree with you.

I qualified for the USAT Age Group Nationals in Cleveland, August 2018! It is an Olympic distance triathlon. I was a competitive swimmer growing up so that is my strongest leg. Biking is getting better, especially now since I’ve started on Zwift and my Wahoo Kicker! Running is my toughest leg.

Congratulations @Janine! Good luck!

That’s exciting! Interesting about swimming being your strongest leg. I think I remember @Coach_Ian mentioning that the swim is usually the weakest for many triathletes. Keep training the bike and you’ll be unstoppable!

Congrats Janine! That is wonderful!

We (G and I) had our first triathlon race of the season in ireland this past weekend. Lough cutra castle gauntlet (1.9+95+21 km) Garron did well clinching 1st AG but he had his sights on higher up in the total mens race (he came 6th. the field was strong. Bryan Mccrystal is a beast on the bike watch out for him Ian if hes ever in your same race). so back to work on the bike to run strength. he is terribly hard on himself.

I unfortunately had some curve balls the past weeks and had to drop out due to being sensible about my health (which is ok these things happen) but managed to get a last minute entry into the half marathon they ran here on the run course for the first time. I was delighted to be healthy enough to compete and was instructed no watch, no heart rate monitor just run and enjoy… and boy did i surprise myself!

This event is stunningly beautiful. the heavens poured down on the race briefing and the winds were high making for a tough swim (around an island!), but the sun then came out with some heat and the bike was rough roads and windy (guys werent happy with the crappy roads), and the run is mostly cross country through woods and fields (yep… cow foot holes everywhere) and along the lake and a small section of proper road. the grounds are a private estate; someone actually lives in this castle!!

I thought you would enjoy the pics and short clip of the venue.

so, now the body is caught up it is back to the process and training and I am currently setting my nutrition and training goals for the week (i do this often; it keeps me focused).

Andrea :heart:

Garron (2nd) pushing the bike up that nasty T1 to the lane to get started on the bike leg.

Beautiful place! I am so glad to know you are recovered and that this was a good experience for you Andrea!