Recording Date: 06/17/2019
The Limit of Endurance - Coaches Corner 71
In this episode, our topics include:
In the Cupboard with Andrea (00:45)
Fueling after workouts - Proteins
Real food meals and milk
Whey and Casein Powders
Bean pasta, mung bean, green pea pasta
Tart Cherry Extract
Physio Tape and its many uses
Article of the week: Have We Really Found the Limit of Human Endurance? By Alex Hutchinson - Sweat Science in Outside Magazine (20:20)
- Ultimate Limit of Human Endurance had been found
- what is the maximum rate at which you can burn calories over a sustained period of time?
- the limit of 2.5 times your metabolic rate comes from: you can’t digest more than that.
- “alimentary energy supply limit”—that is, that we simply can’t digest calories quickly enough to sustain higher rates of long-term energy burn.
- The ultimate question is this a hard limit or can it be trained?
3,. Race Report with Jason Flores- Giro di San Diego Metric
- Distance - 66 miles 7700 ft, featuring Palomar South Grade 4500ft 12 miles
- Fueling - approx 70g of carbs per hour between solids, gels and hydration
- Group dynamics 185 riders and 685 overall, 26 in the age group
To learn more, visit our website at https://www.endurancelab.fit
Join the discussion in the forum at https://discuss.endurancelab.fit