Share your dinner (plus comments from our favorite Nutritionist)

Dinner last night was a homemade black bean burger on a homemade whole wheat bun with some mustard, broccoli sprouts, zucchini relish (homemade preserves from the summer garden) and almond cheese. There were also oven fries spiced with turmeric and covered in sesame seeds.

I got to have dessert too. A friend of mine shared some of the big batch of vegan tapioca pudding he had made – coconut milk, tapioca, cinnamon, nutmeg, a little maple syrup for sweetener, and some toasted coconut to sprinkle on top. So tasty!

this looks awesome!! if not for breakfast then another power meal time. I am a fan of adding beans and lentils as they are strong in minerals that lack in other foods. thats a super balanced meal

I just died of a heart attack and my boyfriend just passed out with lust LOL. our ‘thing’ growing up would be curry or garlic chip and cheese… at 2 am from the roughest take out in the city… so you were guaranteed a fight with your order LOL. it was divine but you always woke with a taste in your mouth wondering what the hell…the place is long closed but i found a photo on the internet… honestly it doesnt do the creamy garlicy heaven under the cheese and the chips no justice… i mean it was worth harrassment if you were a girl and a fight if you were a lad to get… back in the old days :slight_smile:

Its funny but i never crave or want fast food anymore… not even remotely. i dont know why this is. i am not a straight laced fuddy duddy nutritionist. Something like traditional irish brown bread and butter or irish bread and melted cheese is what does it for me… or a fat steak…

http://www.nationalbreadweek.ie/irish-bread/recipes/kevin-dundons-traditional-brown-bread/

my own recipes are a little different but that is one traditional recipe. or soda bread is another one http://www.cookingisfun.ie/how-make-irish-soda-bread key is to eat it warm with some kerrygold butter on it… yum

have you tried edamame noodles/ pasta? a handy option for a lower carb day that tastes awesome also.

tapioca pudding would be a tasty little night before a race dessert now that i think of it!!

So we have been heads down training working and eating.

some meals are the perpetual salad (leaves and so on) with a rotation of roasted sweet potato or butter nut squash cubed, or mushrooms, or aubergine or brussells sprouts added in and so far on the side, plaice pan fried monday, hake tuesday, rib eye wednesday and i think slow cooked local ham from the freezer tonight… ive been having turkey leg bone broth for lunches. its fast food… but it does the trick.

We’ve honestly never tried pasta substitutes. I will look and give it a go. Generally we just try to keep pasta and the like to a minimum.

the edamame pasta is high protein and fibre and low carbs… so a handy way to raise protein and variety. it goes well in salads also.

e.g. this with edamame noodles is nom nom https://cookieandkate.com/2014/peanut-sesame-slaw-with-soba-noodles/

Just discovered this salad dressing and it’s my new favorite. Take a look at the ingredients.

Ok, let try to share some habits here…
I’m the kind of not to worry too much about food intake. Yeah, i know, i could eat better, but i eat a way better then when i was « young adult » :wink:
My wife and I love food. So we try to eat the best we can, with the knowledge we have but also, with the time we have…
Chocolat, sugar and Chips are my worst habit that i always fight to not resist (i can say that i don’t win often…).
But like all of you, we try to do our best.
Saturday, we had a big day but we manage to do a Salmon Tartare. On sunday, my wife completed it with a Poke Bowl for lunch and we got my favorite dinner: Home made burger.

Stephane

I forgot to mention…
We restrain ourself from all kind of alcool on week day (we try…).
But on week-end, some saturday and sunday ride, are harder than others…
Main reasons:

Ride on!
Stephane

Oh yum, that looks so good!

I’m so hungry. Read this too late. (2) turkey burger patties, no bun, with hot peppers on top. Mixed nuts with cranberries. Nothing fun like you guys.

I’m in love with this. Need to try.

crock pot slow cooked irish ham tonight with roasted beets, aubergine and butternut squash with a dash of butter and cinnamon… fuel after some hard bike sessions today. (and a tacx that behaved @Coach_Theia. i think it is schizophrenic. we figured out that it is erratic some times the brakes working other times not; maybe a form of smart trainer PMS)

:laughing::rofl:

Dinner for the week was roasted broccoli and mushrooms, cooked chicken, shredded red cabbage with lemon, rice/beans, and a sauce with base of sunflower seeds and olive oil. After work I pulled out the containers, and put as much as I wanted of each ingredient in a bowl. Maybe I could have had more carbs and added some sweet potato.

That looks yummy Tina! Would you mind sharing the recipe for the sauce?

Sunflower Seed Dressing/Sauce

1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup water
3 T raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 t sea salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
optionally add other flavors like 1 garlic clove, bunch of parsley or cilantro, lemon juice.

Actual instructions: Soak the sunflower seeds in a bowl 6-8 hours or overnight and drain. Blend seeds, water, vinegar, garlic, salt until creamy. Slowly add oil and parsley while blending. Store up to 10 days.

What I do: Skip the soaking of seeds if I don’t have time. Pick optional adds depending on what I have in the refrigerator. Throw everything into the blender at the same time and blend till creamy.

Source: The Elimination Diet by Tom Malterre (local nutritionist from Bellingham, WA)

Enjoy, Tina