Salad Dressing Ideas

For the new year I have stop eating chips and reduce my sugar intake that’s in food. Instead of chips with my sandwich I have switched to salads. It’s a nice change, but I’m looking to make a Dressing it instead of buying some due to the sugar content. Any ideas?

2 parts cold pressed avocado oil, one part Apple cider vinegar as the base. From there you can sprinkle in a pinch of herbes de Provence and/or a spoon of quality mustard. Takes no time to make!

You can also use balsamic vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar but beware the extra sugar from it. Still better than most store bought dressings though!

We always make our own dressings and they don’t have to be fancy. You can totally get creative! One of my favorites is TSP miso, TSP tahini, TSP lemon juice, a little mustard, thin a little with water.

My wife puts olive oil or avocado oil and lemon juice on her salads. I don’t like salad dressing, so I don’t put anything on mine.

if you do want a bit of sweetness in your dressing, try maple syrup. At least you’re controlling the amounts…and helping the Canadian economy. :wink:

Or just add some dried cranberries to your salad.

I love dried cranberries! Hard to find the 100% pure fruit- a lot of them have sugar and oil added…