hope you are all well and eating and training happily away.
I try keep an active instagram; I am Cullen41
i try to hit a balanced mix of food, training, positive quotes and unfortunately for you if you are not a dog lover: beagles!!
e.g. todays post was all about home-made pitta breads and boy they rocked; they look dark due to the teff flour and arent over done!. i would say that my ingredients were the following adapted from https://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/gluten-free-pita-bread/
- 1 1/4 cup teff flour (original recipe is for gluten free oats - i had none left from trialling this recipe last week hence choosing Teff which is super healthy)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (i had none left and used rice flour. it worked and i will stick with this option as it is more nutritious by a little bit!)
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seed (i used 1 tblsp whole chia and 1 tblsp whole flax seeds as i knew it would work)
- 1 tablespoon rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (i added slightly more water as i feel that gluten free baking is better when the mixture is just a tad on the wet side and comes out of the oven a tad on the undercooked side. it doesnt go dry then)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- rice flour, for rolling
here is my instagram link.